As Seen on Kickstarter
There are entire stores dedicated to “As Seen on TV” products. Most of these are in tourist traps such as this one near Gatlinburg, Tennessee. However, I it could be cool to have an “As Seen on Kickstarter” store.
- The store would participate in crowdfunding stuff projects such as books, gadgets, and art, then resell those items in the store.
- The store owner would choose which projects to buy from as well as how much to buy.
- For some projects, just one thing would be requested, while others that are more popular buy lots. (But not so popular that they would later be picked up by other retailers)
- The goal of the store would be to become a store of unique projects. Things not possible to be purchased anymore.
- The secondary goal of the store would be to help crowdfunding to succeed even more. Perhaps try to help push a lot of projects over the last hump to become funded.
Of course the store would have to increase the price over the cost of the funded amount. Perhaps a public amount of 10%.
I doubt such a store could be viable, in San Fransisco or Gatlinburg, but perhaps Kickstarter could run it as an outreach?